We live in the Informative Age. In every moment, an enormous amount of information is generated on the internet, adding to its already gigantic size. Access to such a massive amout of information has totally changed the way we work and study. For organisations, possession and effective utilisation of information is deemed as a key part of strategic competitiveness. On the other hand, the scale and the scope of the information that one has to deal with at a time are also unpreceedented, which makes locating useful pieces of information extremely difficult.
What is Artificial Intelligence:
Artificial Intelligence is an area of computer science that emphasizes the creation of intelligent machines that work and react like humans. Some of the activities computers with airtificial intelligence are designed for include:
- Speech Recognition
- Problem solving
- Ability to manipulate and move objects
our society has always been curious about artificial intelligence. In the present world, AI is shaping more and more of our personal and professional activities including Siri, Alexa or Google Home.
In the upcoming days, Airtificial Intellidency is going to make our activities more easy and helpfull. It is developing more day by day. But, the question is, Are all of these just 21st century buzzwords for robot that are coming to steal jobs?
Why AI is so popular right now?
AI is making it easier for people to do things every day, whether it’s searching for photos of loved ones, breaking down language barriers in Google Translate, typing emails on the go, or getting things done with the Google Assistant. AI is helping people everywhere solve problems big and small. Google is continuously working on it so that we can get the best of it.
- Pushing the boundaries of AI to solve real-world problems
- Saving time across Gmail, Photos, and the Google Assistant
- Understanding the world so we can help you navigate yours
- Helping you focus on what matters
WHAT ARE RECENT LANDMARKS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF AI?
There’s too many to put together a comprehensive list, but some recent highlights include: in 2009 Google showed it was possible for its self-driving Toyota Prius to complete more than 10 journeys of 100 miles each — setting society on a path towards driverless vehicles.
In 2011, the computer system IBM Watson made headlines worldwide when it won the US quiz show Jeopardy!, beating two of the best players the show had ever produced. To win the show, Watson used natural language processing and analytics on vast repositories of data that it processed to answer human-posed questions, often in a fraction of a second.
Since Watson’s win, perhaps the most famous demonstration of the efficacy of machine-learning systems was the 2016 triumph of the Google DeepMind AlphaGo AI over a human grandmaster in Go, an ancient Chinese game whose complexity stumped computers for decades. Go has about 200 moves per turn, compared to about 20 in Chess. Over the course of a game of Go, there are so many possible moves that searching through each of them in advance to identify the best play is too costly from a computational point of view. Instead, AlphaGo was trained how to play the game by taking moves played by human experts in 30 million Go games and feeding them into deep-learning neural networks.
Training these deep learning networks can take a very long time, requiring vast amounts of data to be ingested and iterated over as the system gradually refines its model in order to achieve the best outcome.
Future Enhancement of AI:
The future of Artificial intelligence is hazy. But going by the bounds of progress AI has been making, it is clear AI will permeate every spare of our life. Sophia the AI robot, is the quintessential example of this.
- Cyber Security: The future application of AI in cyber security will ensure in curbing hackers. The incident of cyber crime is increasing more day by day. It costs enterprises in term of brand image as well as material cost. Credit card fraudery, cyber bulling are one the most prevalent cybercrimes. AI can bring a remarkable changes to this problem.
- Face Recognition: iPhone X with face recognition feature was a step towards AI future by Apple. Governments and security forces make use of this feature to track down criminals and identify citizens.
- Data Analysis: AI will benefit business is in the Data Analysis field. AI would be able to perceive patterns in data that humans cannot.